Our Safeguarding policy and procedures comply with:
Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education
Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022
Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
Children’s Safeguarding Assurance Partnership
Treales CE Primary School Values and Ethos
Our Designated Safeguarding Leader is Mrs L Hill
Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leader is Mrs J Winn
Our nominated Governor for Safeguarding is
Our nominated Governor for PREVENT is
Our nominated Governor for Online Safety is
Our School Commitment
Treales CE Primary School is committed to providing a safe, caring and welcoming environment where every child is able to reach their full potential free from harm, abuse and discrimination. All staff and volunteers are expected to discharge their safeguarding responsibilities effectively and recognise that high self- esteem, confidence, peer support and clear lines of communication with trusted adults helps all children, especially those at risk of or suffering abuse, to thrive.
Our school will therefore:
· Establish and maintain an ethos where children feel safe, secure, valued and respected and feel confident as are encouraged to talk, believing they will be effectively listened to.
· Ensure that children know that there are adults in the school who they can approach if they are worried or are in difficulty.
· Provide a systematic means of monitoring children known or thought to be at risk of harm, and ensure we, the school, contribute to assessments of need and support for those children.
· Include in the curriculum activities and opportunities for PSHE which equip children with the skills they need to stay safe and / or communicate their fears or concerns about abuse.
· Include in the curriculum material which will help children develop realistic attitudes to the responsibilities of adult life, particularly with regard to childcare and parenting skills.
· Ensure that every effort will be made to establish effective working relationships with parents and colleagues from other agencies.
· To ensure that all staff working within our school who have substantial access to children have been checked as to their suitability, including verification of their
identity, qualifications, and a satisfactory DBS check (according to guidance) , and a single central record is kept for audit.