Literacy, Communication and Language
Literacy, Communication and Languages covers English, Computing and Modern Foreign Langauge (MFL) - French.
Our aim is that children at Treales develop language, reading, writing, speaking and listening skills and become computer literate to enable them to access all areas of the curriculum at KS3 and beyond.
Literacy, Communication and Language addresses fundamental aspects of human communication. It aims to support learning across the whole curriculum and to enable learners to gain knowledge and skills in English and French as well as in literature and ICT.
What Matters in Literacy, Communication and Language?
1. Languages connect us.
2. Understanding languages is key to understanding the world around us.
3. Expressing ourselves through languages is key to communication.
4. Literature fires imagination and inspires creativity.
5. Competent use and understanding of technology is vital to modern life.
Progression in Languages, Literacy and Communication
- Increasing breadth and depth of knowledge
- Deepening understanding of the ideas and disciplines within areas of learning and experience
- Refinement and growing sophistication in the use and application of skills
- Making connections and transferring learning into new contexts
- Increasing effectiveness as a learner