How much better to get wisdom than gold to get insight rather than silver!
Treales CE Primary School seeks to provide a broad, ambitious curriculum that is sequenced and designed to provide all of our learners with the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life.
Above all, a curriculum that places our students at the very heart of the learning process, putting their interests first and foremost at all times.
In summary, a curriculum that:
- provides an ambitious, challenging and inclusive education for all our learners from Reception to Year 6
- identifies the knowledge and skills that our learners need to achieve their goals
- is progressive, building on the knowledge, concepts and vocabulary secured previously by our learners
- supports the effective recall of concepts and knowledge through the regular use of assessment strategies
- contains activities that always actively support the desired learning objectives
- establishes clear links between knowledge in one subject and other areas of study
- is coherent, sequential and integrated so that our learners can build on their prior knowledge and connect key concepts
- is tailored to the needs of our learners
- is accessible to all our learners regardless of their prior attainment, gender, beliefs, ethnicity or social circumstances
- is concept and knowledge based with a specific focus on providing our students with the vocabulary that they need to apply their understanding of the world
- is simple enough to be shared and understood by all our stakeholders
- stimulates creativity, curiosity and critical reflection
- encourages trust, cooperation and collaboration
- empowers our learners to recognise the importance of tolerance, kindness and respect for social diversity
- is led and owned by all school staff